Degree of Comparison Exercise with Answers is about the transformation. It changes the Positive Degree, Comparative Degree and Superlative Degree into one another. The answers are there for check.
Degree of Comparison Exercise – Change into Positive Degree Examples
- Ram is the most talented boy in the class.
- Mr. Verma is the wisest man in the firm.
- Ram is stronger than Majid.
- Lucknow is one of the most beautiful cities in India.
- You are weaker than me.
- You are fatter than I.
- Amman is larger than Europe.
- I am wiser than Mahi.
- Open rebuke is better than secret love.
- Mohan is the fattest boy in the family.
Degree of Comparison Exercise – Change into Comparative Degree
- Very few boys are as industrious as RAM.
- I know him as well as you.
- No man was as strong as Rajesh
- Vikramditya was one of the greatest kings of India.
- Very few countries are as rich as Japan.
- America is the richest country of the world.
- England had the largest fleet in the world in 1918.
- Mussoorie is as healthy as any hill station in U.P.
- The man is one of the most dangerous animals.
- Australia is the largest island in the world.
Degree of Comparison Exercise – Change into Superlative Degree
- Nur jehan was more beautiful than any other woman.
- Very few cities in U.P.are as big as Ghaziabad.
- Dainik Jagran has a bigger circulation than any other paper.
- No other bowler in our team is so good as Deepak Rakesh.
- No other story-book is so intersting as The Arabian Nights.
- Some girls of the class are cleverer than Rani.
- Some poets are at least as great as Bihari.
- Few countries are as great as India.
- No other planet of the solar system is so large as jupiter.
- This is colder than all other places.
Degree of Comparison Exercise – Miscellaneous
- The elder sister is not so smart as the younger one. (Comparative Degree)
- Sardar Patel was greater than any other Indian leader.(Superlative Degree)
- The trains run faster than the cars. (Positive Degree)
- This is the biggest temple in Ujjain. (Comparative Degree)
- A wise enemy is better than a foolish friend. (Positive Degree)
- You do not know him better than I. (positive Degree)
- You are as good as Abdul. (Comparative Degree)
- His story is not so interesting as yours, (Comparative Degree)
- It is better to starve than beg. (Positive Degree)
- There are few districts in India so hot as Jhansi.(Superlative Degree)
- I love all my sons equally well. (Comparative Degree)
- No other metal is so useful as Iron.(Superlative Degree)
Check Your Answers
Degree of Comparison Exercise with Answers – Change into Positive Degree Examples
- No other boy in the class is as talented as Ram.
- No other man in the firm is as wise as Mr. Verma.
- Majid is not so strong as Ram.
- Very few cities in India are as beautiful as Lucknow.
- I am not so weak as you.
- I am not so fat as you.
- Europe is not so large as Amman.
- Mahi is not so wise as I.
- Secret love is not so good as open rebuke.
- No other boy in the family is as fat as Mohan.
Degree of Comparison Exercise with Answers – Change into Comparative Degree
- Ram is more industrious than many / most other boys.
- You do not know him better than I.
- Rajesh was stronger than all other man.
- Vikramditya was greater than many/most other kings of India.
- Japan is richer than many / most other countries.
- America is richer than all /any other country of the world.
- England had larger fleet than all /any other country in the world in 1918.
- Mussoorie is healthier than all /any other hill station in UP.
- Man is more dangerous than many / most other animals.
- Australia is larger than all / any other island in the world.
Degree of Comparison Exercise with Answers – Change into Superlative Degree
- Nur Jehan was the most beautiful woman.
- Ghaziabad is the biggest city.
- Dainik Jagran paper has the biggest circulation.
- Deepak is the best bowler in our team.
- The Arabian Night is the most interesting story book.
- Rani is one of the cleverest girls of the class.
- Bihari is one of the greatest poets.
- India is one of the greatest countries.
- Jupitar is the largest planet of the solar system.
- This is the most coldest place.
Degree of Comparison Exercise – Miscellaneous
- The younger sister is smarter than the elder one.
- Sardar Patel was the greatest leader.
- The cars do not run so fast as the trains.
- This is bigger than all / any other temple in Ujjain.
- A foolish friend is not so good as a wise enemy.
- I know him as good as you.
- Abdul is not better than you.
- Your story is more interesting than his.
- It is not so good to beg than starve.
- Jhansi is one of the hottest districts in India.
- I do not love any of my sons better.
- Iron is the most useful metal.
For more practice on the other sentences, click the below link.
- Removal of The Adverb “Too”
- Interchange of Active and Passive Voice
- Transformation of Interrogative into Assertive Sentences
- Transformation of Affirmative and Negative Sentences
- Interchange of Exclamatory and Assertive Sentences
- Interchange of One Part of Speech into another
- Conversion of Simple Sentences to Compound Sentences
- Interchange of Simple Sentences and Complex Sentences