In this exercise, we will practice questioning sentences. In the Topic Direct and Indirect Speech Interrogative Sentence Exercises, we will get two types of questions. The first is sentences starting with a helping verb. Second is a sentence beginning with interrogative words. Answer the exercises given below. After that, check your answer in the check your answer section.
Direct and Indirect Speech Interrogative Sentence Exercises – 1
- Raja said to Mohan,”Are you going home today?”
- My friend said to me,”Will you not help me?”
- Shyam said to Dalip, “Did you eat mangoes?”
- Sima said to Meena, “Could you solve the question yesterday?”
- Hafiz said to Hanif,” Do you really want to leave this book?”
- Ram said to Raju , “Do you really want to leave this city?”
- “Doesn’t he like to help me in this matter now?”asked my friend.
- They inquired,”Haven’t you helped him out of the way?”
- “Will you have dinner with me or not?” asked Shakhwat.
- “Did none of you complete the project?” the teacher wondered.
- The teacher said,”Students,is there any more question to ask in this chapter?”
- “Mother, won’t I go school today?” said Arvind.
Exercises with Direct and Indirect Speech – 1
- Raja asked Mohan if he was going home that day.
- My friend asked me if I would not help him.
- Shyam asked Dalip if I had eaten mangoes.
- Sima asked Meena if she could solve the question the previous day.
- Hafiz asked Hanif if he really wanted to leave that book.
- Ram asked Raju if he really wanted to leave that city.
- My friend asked if he liked to help him in that matter then.
- They inquired if I hadn’t helped him out of the way.
- Shakhwat asked whether I would have dinner with him or not.
- The teacher wondered if none of us had completed the project.
- The teacher asked the students if there was some more question to ask in that chapter.
- Arvind asked his mother if he would not go school that day.
Hope Exercises has been helpful for you. For more practice on other sentences, click the links below
- Assertive Sentences
- Imperative Sentences
- Optative Sentences
- Exclamatory Sentences