Direct and Indirect Speech Optative Sentences Exercises has many sentences. It is very useful for students and competitors. It has a check your answers section to check the answers.
Direct and Indirect Speech Optative Sentences Exercises -1
- My mother said, “May God bless you!”
- Bharat said to me, “May you have a happy journey!”
- The saint said to the woman, “May God bless you with a son!”
- He said, “May you succeed in your life, my friend!”
- The old man shouted, “Go to hell”
- The students said to their teacher, “Good morning Ma’am!”
- Mohan said to Ramesh, “Happy Diwali!”
- The hermit said, “May God make the people of this city live here happily !”
- He said, “May you never get peace!”
- The son said, “Sweet dreams, Mom !”
Exercise of direct and indirect speech – 1
- My mother wished that God might bless me.
- Bharat wished me that I might have a happy journey.
- The saint wished the women that God might bless me with a son.
- He wished his friend that he might succeed in his life.
- The old man cursed that he/I might go to hell. Or The old man cursed him/me to go to hell.
- The students wished their teacher good morning.
- Mohan wished Ramesh happy Diwali.
- The hermit wished that God might make the people of that city live there happily.
- He cursed that he/I might never get peace.
- The son wished mom sweet dreams.
Hope the section has been very useful for you. For more practice like this on other sentences, click the links below.