There are many exercises from the different competitive books for your practice. The section Active and Passive Voice Exercises Past Continuous Tense includes the answers as well. You can check your answers below.
Active and Passive Voice Exercises Past Continuous Tense – 1
- The children were flying the kites.
- The hunter was shooting the tiger.
- The milkman was milking the cow.
- The boys were learning their lessons.
- The peon was ringing the bell.
- Were they doing their homework?
- Why were they writing the letters?
- He was knocking at the door.
- What was he doing?
- The children were making a noise.
- The mechanics were repairing the car.
- The principal was giving away the prizes.
- She was drawing a beautiful picture.
- Who was beating my daughter?
- Were they throwing stones at the beggar?
Exercise – 2
- Why was the teacher not teaching the students?
- She was writing a letter to her lover?
- The girls were playing a football match.
- He was answering the question.
- She was teaching him.
- The doctor was examining the patients.
- The spectators were watching the match.
- Was she writing a story?
- We were expecting good news.
- His servant was sweeping the house.
Check Your Answers
Active and Passive Voice Exercises Past Continuous Tense
- The kites were being flown by the children.
- The tiger was being shot by the hunter.
- The cow was being milked by the milkman.
- Their lessons were being learnt by the boys.
- The bell was being rung by peon.
- Was their homework being done by them?
- Why were the letter being written by them?
- The door was being knocked at by him.
- What was being done by him?
- A noise was being made by the children.
- The car was being repaired by the mechanics.
- The prizes were being given away by the principal.
- A beautiful picture was being drawn by her.
- By whom was my daughter being beaten?
- Were stones being thrown at the beggar by them?
Exercise – 2
- Why were the students not being taught by the teacher?
- A letter was being written to her lover by her.
- A football match was being played by the girls.
- The question was being asked by him
- He was being taught by her.
- The patients ware being examined by the doctor.
- The match was being watched by the spectators.
- Was a story being written by her?
- Good news was being expected by us.
- The house was being swept by his servant.