Direct and Indirect Speech Dialogue Examples with Answers is an exercise of miscellaneous sentences. It also has Check Your Answers section to check. Solve the exercise and make yourself a master.
Direct and Indirect Speech Dialogue Examples with Answers – 1
- I said to my friend, “Please help me. I am in trouble. Can you help me? I hope, you will.”
- I said to my friend, “Don’t talk of the past. Is there nothing else to talk about? Remember, there is so much to learn and so much to forget.”
- The account holder said to the bank clerk, “Please issue me a fresh cheque book. I have used up the old ones.”
- “Type this letter immediately and take care that there are no typing mistakes, “the officer said to his typist.
- “Would you mind buying a ticket for me as well?” One of the passengers said to another.
- The king said to the messenger, “Tell the General That I shall send no help. If he can manage the attack, the glory shall be his own.”
- “I believe, “said the traveller, “that we are in a country among the people whom we do not know and who do not like us.”
- Ram said to Mohan, “Who are you to speak to me like this? Why should I obey you? It is your work, not mine to call the servant.”
- As the stranger entered the town he met by a soldier who asked, “Are you a traveller?” “So it would appear,’ he answered carelessly.
- Shila said. “I am unable to come just now as I am ill, but I will certainly start as soon as I am well enough to do so.”
- The king said, “Will you serve my successor, whoever he may be, as faithfully as you have served me so that the people may live in peace?”
- “It’s not my business, “said the postman.”Let the government do something about it.”
Check Your Answers
- I requested my friend to help me and told that I was in trouble. I further asked him if he could help me and hoped that he would.
- The account holder requested the bank clerk to issue him a fresh cheque book and told that he had used up the old ones.
- I advised my friend not to talk of the past and asked if there was nothing else to talk about. I further reminded him that there was so much to learn and so much to forget.
- The officer ordered his typist to type that letter immediately and take care that there were no typing mistakes.
- One of the passengers requested the other to buy a ticket for him as well.
- The king ordered the messenger to tell the general that he would send no help and told that if he could manage the attack, the glory would be his own.
- The traveler believed that they were in a country among the people whom they did not know and who did not like them.
- Ram asked Mohan who he was to speak to him like that and why he should obey him. He further told that it was his work, not his to call the servant.
- As the stranger entered the town he met by a soldier who asked if he was a traveler. He answered that it would appear.
- Shila that she was unable to come just then as she was ill, but she would certainly start as soon as she was well enough to do so.
- The king asked if he would serve his successor, whoever he might be, as faithfully as he had served him so that the people might live in peace.
- The postman said that it was not his business and advised to let the government do something about it.
Direct and Indirect Speech Dialogue Examples with Answers – 2
- “Cheer up, mother, I’ll go and get work somewhere,” said Aladdin.
- The king was deeply sorry and said to his wife, “What can I do for you?”
- “Dear bird, “Sita said, stroking his feathers, “have you come to comfort me in my sorrow?”
- “I will avenge your wrongs, Jatayu, “Rama cried,” I will not return home until I have punished the king of Lanka who had so cruelly wounded you.”
- One day Mr Gupta sent for Rakesh and said to him, “You are now old enough to earn your living, so you must set off, and make your own way in the world.”
- “That is my cow, “said he.”And if I do not prove it in a few minutes, I will give up my claim.”
- The examiner’s orders were, “No one is to bring the book into the room, nor ask me questions about what I have to do.”
- The doctor said to her, “Promise me that when you are queen you will give me ten thousand rupees and make me your adviser.”
- The sea-god cried, “Don’t be afraid, noble prince; I have taken pity on you and will help you.”
Check Your Answers
1. Alladin cheered up and told the mother that he would go and get work somewhere.
2. The king was deeply sorry and asked his wife what he could do for her.
3. Addressing as a dear bird and stroking his feathers Sita asked if he had gone to comfort her in her sorrow.
4. Rama told Jatau that he would avenge its wrongs and that he would return home until he had punished the king of Lanka who had so cruelly wounded it.
5. One day Mr Gupta sent for Rakesh and told him that he was then old enough to earn his living, so he must set off, and make his own way in the world.
6. He said that that was his cow and if he did not prove it in a few minutes, he would give up his claim.
7. The examiner’s orders were that no one is to bring the book into the room, nor ask him questions about what he had to do.
8. The doctor advised her to promise him that when she was queen he would give her ten thousand rupees and make him her adviser.
9. The sea god cried over noble price not to be afraid and said that he had taken pity on him and would help him.
Don’t be misguided by other books?
Buy the book of Ajay Kumar Singh
Direct and Indirect Speech Dialogue Examples with Answers – 3
1- Rama said to Hari, “Will you go to school today?”
Hari said, “No.”
Rana said, “Why?”
Hari said, “Because I am not feeling well.”
- King:”Is my son dead?
Messenger: “No Sir, thank God.”
King: “He is surely unable?”
Messenger: “No Sir, he is in great trouble and badly needs your help.”
Help. Let the boy do his best.”
- Duke: Shylock must execute the deed of gift, or I shall revoke the pardon.
Portia: Are you satisfied, Shylock? What do you say?
Shylock: yes, I am.
Portia: Clerk, please draw up a deed of gift.
Shylock: Kindly permit me to go away. I am not well. Send the deed to my house and I will sign it.
Check Your Answers
1. Rama asked Hari if he would go to a school that day. Hari replied in negative. Rama again asked why he would not. Hari again replied that he would not because he was not feeling well.
2. The king asked if his son was dead. The messenger thanked god and replied that he was not. The king again asked if he was surely in unable. The messenger replied in negative and said that he was in great trouble and badly needed his help. But the king ordered to let the boy do his best.
3. Duke said that Shylock must execute the deed of gift, or he would revoke the pardon. Portia asked Shylock if he was satisfied and what he said. Shylock replied that he was. Portia requested the clerk to draw up a deed of gift. Shylock requested to permit him to go away and said that he was not well. He further advised to send the deed to his house and he would sign it.
Hope this exercise has been very helpful for you. For likewise practice on other sentences like this, click below links.